SleepGraph.Com is a service for recording and logging of your sleep and wake patterns, and other information related to your sleep/wake patterns.
We respect our users' ownership of and responsibility for the content they choose to share. It is our belief that censoring this content is contrary to a service that bases itself on individual choice of sharing their information or choosing to keep it private.
In order to uphold these values, we need to curb abuses that threaten our ability to provide this service and the freedom it encourages. As a result, there are some boundaries on the type of content that can be hosted with SleepGraph.Com. The boundaries we've defined are those that both comply with legal requirements and that serve to enhance the service as a whole.
Our content policies play an important role in maintaining an acceptable experience for you, the users. Please respect these guidelines. From time to time, we may change our content policies so please check back here on a regular basis.
Pornography and Obscenity:
- Pornography and Obscenity: - Users may not publish written, image or video content that contains nudity, sexually graphic material, or material that is otherwise deemed explicit by SleepGraph.Com.
- Pedophilia, Incest and Bestiality: - Users may not publish written, image or video content that promotes pedophilia, incest and bestiality.
- Child Pornography: - SleepGraph.Com has a zero-tolerance policy against child pornography, and we will terminate and report to the appropriate authorities any user who publishes or distributes child pornography.
- Explicit Material: - Uses may not publish written, image or video content that contains intentional cleavage, lingerie, intimate apparel, see-through material, sexual positions, sexual attitude, nor abuse of any type.
SleepGraph.Com defines content abuse as any method used by a User which abuses the SleepGraph.Com Services or Users of SleepGraph.Com.
These are the most predominate types of Content Abuse, but not an all inclusive list, of Content Abuse:
- Spam - Spam is the indiscriminately sending of unsolicited content.
- Hate Speech - Hate speech is a term for speech intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a person or group of people based on their race, gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, language ability, moral or political views, socioeconomic class, occupation or appearance (such as height, weight, and hair color), mental capacity and any other distinction-liability. (source: Wikipedia)
- Profanity - Profanity is someone who posts words, expressions, gestures, or other social behaviors which is socially constructed or interpreted as insulting, rude and vulgar or desecrating or showing disrespect. SleepGraph.Com has in place a system to censor out a large amount of curse and foul words. Users may not attempt to defeat our software which censors out these community unacceptable bad words. While our system does work hard to prevent profanity, it will likely never be 100% successful.
- Trolling - An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion. (source: Wikipedia)
- Flaming - Flaming is the hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users. Occasionally, flamers wish to upset and offend other Users, in which case they can be called "trolls". Most often however, flames are angry or insulting messages transmitted by people who have strong feelings about a subject. (source: Wikipedia)
- Cyber-bullying - Cyber-bullying involves the use of published information and communication, by an individual or group, that is intended to or may harm others through personal, group, or corporate attacks or other means. (partial source: Wikipedia)
- Malicious Codes and Viruses: - We do not allow spamming, transmitting malware and viruses, publishing hyperlinks that have a destination that infects users computers, or publishing malicious codes.
- Marketing Scams and Deception: - We do not allow the publishing of marketing scams, tier scams or any other form of deception.
- Automated Publication: - SleepGraph.Com does not allow the Publication of Content from usernets groups, newsgroups, rss feeds, twitter feeds, facebook feeds, mobile services, or any other automated syndication methods.
- Sexual Identity: - We do not allow the publishing of content that is directly, in-directly, or primarily, associated with sexual identity, homosexual orientation, same-sex relationship, transgender, cisgender, asexual, the alternative lifestyle, or any other sexual orientation content.
- Numerology - Numerology is any of many systems, traditions or beliefs in a mystical or esoteric relationship between numbers and physical objects or living things.
- Gematria - Gematria or gimatria is a system of assigning numerical value to a word or phrase, in the belief that words or phrases with identical numerical values bear some relation to each other, or bear some relation to the number itself.
- Conspiracy Theory - We do not allow the publishing of content that deals with any matter that venture into the conspiracy theorists world. An example of this would be: nephilim are aliens.
- Dating Services: - We do not provide our Services for purposes of being a Dating Service Provider.
- Normal Writing: - Users should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing" by not posting excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or colored text in places it does not below, and users should not SHOUT (type in all capital words) or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?).
Copyright: It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. More information about our copyright procedures can be found here. Please note that we will only take actions against Copyright infringements when the alleged copyright infringement is delivered to SleepGraph.Com by a legal representative of said copyrighted material.
Private and Confidential Information: Outside of the SleepGraph.Com "Personal Contact Information" (PCI) system we do not allow the publishing of Users private and confidential information, either your own or that of others. TO PROTECT OUR USERS: ANY TRANSMISSION OR PUBLICATION OF ANY EMAIL ADDRESS(ES), PHONE NUMBER(S), and PHYSICAL OR MAILING ADDRESSES, ANYWHERE WITHIN PUBLIC VIEW WILL BE CONSIDERED A VIOLATION OF THIS POLICY. SAID VIOLATION MAY RESULT IN TERMINATION OF SAID USER ACCOUNT WITHOUT NOTIFICATION AND WITHOUT REFUND, IF APPLICABLE. SleepGraph.Com has a zero-tolerance policy for the publication of private and confidential information.
Unlawful Use of Services: Our products and services may not be used for unlawful purposes or for promotion of dangerous and illegal activities. Your account may be terminated and you may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
Signatures: Signatures are blocks of text you may place at the bottom of Published Content. SleepGraph.Com does not allow Users with free accounts to use 'signature links' (links at the bottom or top of their publications.) For Pledge Partners: signatures may contain up to two lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of normal size text. Signatures may not contain an image of any kind. Signatures may not contain any direct website hyperlinks to any type of content other than a website - linking directly to audio, video, images, maps, files, torrents, and other none website type files are not allowed. Signatures cannot contain website links to websites to which you do not have the legal ownership of and/or are not legally affiliated with. All Signature website links must conform to the "Linking To Other Websites" Section of our Content Policy. The use of ShortURL Services for website links is not allowed. Signatures may not contain an single line of text if that single line of text includes a website link. You may not include text in any way which suggests you offer official support of the SleepGraph.Com Service unless you have been directly authorized by SleepGraph.Com to do so.
Profile Avatars: User defined avatars are to be no larger than 200 pixels square, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status (e.g. mimicking photographs/avatars of staff) and may not exceed 6kB (6000 Bytes) in filesize. Profile Avatars should not include any pornography and obscenity of any kind - reference the "Pornography and Obscenity" section above for further details. Profile Avatars cannot contain any content which would violate any other aspect of the SleepGraph.Com Global Policies. Profile Avatars cannot contain any Registered/Copyrighted material pursuant to our Copyright and DMCA policy.
Localization: SleepGraph.Com requires that users publish content that only contains English (either American or Britain) language at all times (hacker lingo not allowed).
Advertisement, Fundraising, Marketing, and Philanthropy: SleepGraph.Com prohibits all three of these type of activities at our website. No Published Content should contain any hint of these three forms of monetary and/or goods exchange, except within provided "For Sale" and "For Trade" Services available to those users with granted privileges.
Fundraising is the process of soliciting and gathering money or other goods by requesting donations from individuals, businesses, charitable foundations, or governmental agencies. Although fundraising typically refers to efforts to gather funds for not-for-profit organizations, it is sometimes used to refer to the identification and solicitation of investors or other sources of capital for for-profit enterprises.
The American Marketing Association suggests that Marketing is "the process of planning and executing the pricing, promotion, and distribution of goods, ideas, and services to create exchanges that satisfy individual and organizational goals." Another definition, perhaps simpler and more universal, is the process of moving people closer to making a decision to purchase, use, follow, refer, upload, download, obey, reject, conform, become complacent to another person's, society's or organization's value. Simply, if it doesn't facilitate a "sale" then it's not marketing. However, the most widely accepted definition of marketing on a global scale comes from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) in the UK, which is the largest marketing body in the world in terms of membership. The definition claims marketing to be the "management process of anticipating, identifying and satisfying customer requirements profitably".
Philanthropy is the voluntary act of donating money or goods or providing some other support to a charitable cause, usually over an extended period of time. In a more fundamental sense, philanthropy may encompass any activity which is intended to enhance the common good or improve human well being. Someone who is well known for practicing philanthropy may sometimes be called a philanthropist.
Linking To Other Websites: SleepGraph.Com does not allow the publication of any type of website links (be they personal, business, or commercial) if the purpose is to fund raise, market, advertise, seek or offer philanthropy, or to promote competitive Services of those that SleepGraph.Com provides. Off-site links can only be used as a means of citation. Off-site links cannot be linked to a websites home page, they must link to a specific sub-page of a website that is specifically for the citation. Off-site links cannot utilize 'ShortLinks' of any kind from any service outside of the SleepGraph.Com Services. SleepGraph.Com does not allow Users with free accounts to use 'signature links' (links at the bottom or top of their publications.) SleepGraph.Com does not allow the publication of website links to websites that asks, or offer the ability for, donations to support their ministry, business, fundraiser, or cause. SleepGraph.Com does not allow the publication of website links to promote commercial websites - we define "commercial" as any website that sells or offers products (books, cds, gifts, music, services, etc). For commercial website promotion please see our Advertisement page.
SleepGraph.Com reserves the right to terminate the account of any user who violates one or many of these policies at any time, for any reason, without refund of account if applicable, and without notification nor explanation. SleepGraph.Com reserves the right to suspend/remove any Content at any time for any reason without notification. SleepGraph.Com reserves the right to modify this agreement at any time without notification to our users or the generalized public. Should this Content Policy at any time conflict with the SleepGraph.Com Terms of Service, the SleepGraph.Com Terms of Service should be the overwriting policy.